Renew online in the GCA Store…
Or download the forms to mail or fax in…
It’s time to renew your GCA Membership!!
Here are some tips to speed up the process for everyone.
As you all know, GCA Memberships expire on September 1st of each year. Renewal forms are distributed with the Summer edition of the GCA Journal each year. So if you’ve received your Summer ’12 GCA Journal, you should have received a renewal form. And now you can choose to renew your membership right here on the GCA website in The GCA Store. Either way, you will receive a paid invoice (receipt) with your new membership card at the bottom via first class mail. If you renew online, you will also receive an email confirmation when the transaction successfully processes.
With close to 15,000 members now, renewal season has become quite a task. This is part of the reason renewal notices are sent out early – to help spread out the incoming renewals and improve the overall work flow. Here are some steps you can follow to help make things go more quickly for everyone!
1) If you are mailing in your renewal with a check, money order or credit card payment, be sure to submit a completed and signed official GCA renewal form with your payment. You should have received one with your Summer GCA Journal or you can always print one from this website (see link above).
**If you do not submit a completed and signed renewal form your check will be returned to you with a blank renewal form for you to fill out and return.**
2) Be sure to complete and sign your renewal form even if you are paying by check. Checks are separated from envelopes early on during processing and cannot be used as a reference.
**If you do not fill out your renewal form your check will be returned to you with a blank renewal form for you to fill out and return.**
3) Credit Card payments must include the CVV (Card Verification Value) code. That is the 3 digit code from the back of your credit card next to the signature line. We cannot charge your credit card without this code! If the billing address is different from the mailing address, the billing address must be included as well to avoid your card being declined. We can only accept Visa and MasterCard when mailing in your renewal, however The GCA Store will accept Discover as well.
4) Be sure your handwriting is legible. We can not process what we can not read.
5) Please do not tape your envelopes closed! Every envelope is opened by hand, one at a time. Remember….we have several thousands of these envelopes to open. If we have to “fight” with tape we will most likely just go on to the next envelope and come back to yours when we have more time. Also, please do not staple or tape your checks to your renewal form.
6) Please remember that we have a small team in our office. It will take some time to get through all of your renewals, plus processing new memberships and other orders coming in simultaneously. Please be patient….it might take us a couple of months to get you your new membership card. But rest assured that we won’t let you miss a single issue of the GCA Journal!!
We look forward to processing your GCA Membership renewal and as always….Thank you for your continued support of the GCA!!